Amy: What have you been pulled over 1 for? Curtis: I’ve been pulled over for tailgating 2 an ambulance. Amy: Oh, my God. I didn’t think that was the story he was going to pick. Curtis: No, this is a very, very bad thing to do. I don’t recommend you doing this. What’s tailgating?
Curtis: Tailgating is following somebody too close. So usually you have to leave a car length in between the car in front of you and your car. And I at that point Amy: Had a very, very bad habit of driving way too close. Curtis: Right. And in between–or I was in between the emergency ambulance vehicle in front of me and a police car behind me.
• A new edition of an internationally respected textbook of orthopaedic examination • The unique ‘strip cartoon’ artwork programme provides an easy-to-read approach to the subject affording an effective way to learn • A highly praised book by reviewers for its clear and lucid writing style • The text reflects the classic ‘look, feel, move’ approach to patient evaluation • Provides practical guidance on interpretation of radiographs • Almost 1000 drawings produced by the author himself provide a unique means of teaching. • More information has been added in the section on back pain. • • The updated text includes a number of new tests and methods of assessing overall limb function. By Ronald McRae A new edition of a now classic, highly-illustrated textbook of clinical orthopaedic examination suitable for specialist trainee orthopaedic surgeons, rheumatologists, medical students and physiotherapists. • There is an expanded description on the interpretation of the ankle jerk and more information on tracking the progress of skeletal maturation.
But I didn’t know it was a police car because it didn’t have the lights. Amy: Oh, it was a ghost car 3.
Everyday English expressions in class Aims. All the expressions are classified as it follows: 1. Greetings and farewells.
Curtis: It was a ghost car. Amy: Sneaky 4. Curtis: Or an unmarked car. An unmarked car. Curtis: And right away, he turned on his lights that were on his dashboard and the front of his car and his siren.
And he was mad. Curtis: But I got lucky 5 on that one too.
Even though he was mad, he didn’t give me a ticket. Sometimes they let you off. They–like they let you off the hook 6 or I don’t know. They give you, what is it? Curtis: A warning 7 Amy: Yeah, they give you a warning. Don’t do it again.
It’s a written warning. And it goes on record that you’ve been warned about this. But they don’t actually give you a fine. Curtis: Yeah. He kept track of it for sure. Phrase Explanations: • Pulled over: Stopped by the police • Tailgating: Driving very closely to the vehicle in front of you • Ghost car: A police car with no lights or markings.
Also known as an unmarked car. • Sneaky: Doing something in a secret, unfair or not obvious way • I got lucky: To have good luck unexpectedly • Let you off the hook: When you get caught doing something wrong or illegal and you don’t get punished for it. ‘Let you off’ is the short way of expressing this.
• Warning: An official notice that you have been warned not to do something again The full of lesson of ‘Driving’ is available when you join as a Free Member! Listen to Smith’s Experience Here My name is Smith and I am from Haiti. I am really happy to have signed up for Real English Conversations because it has really helped me improve my listening and speaking skills. And thanks to the teacher, Amy Whitney, who also acts as a researcher on how to learn a foreign language more efficiently. So, thanks to her good advice and methodology about how to deeply work out my listening and how to stick with my speaking practice, even without having someone to talk to, I have been able to gradually improve my English in many ways. About the Teachers on Real English Conversations Curtis and I (Amy) are from Canada in North America.
We have a passion for traveling and teaching real English to help students improve their communication skills. Learning a language as an adult is challenging. I have first hand experience learning a second language to fluency. After taking vacations in several countries in Central and South America, we decided to follow our dreams and move to another country. Now, we live in Mexico.
Most Viewed News
- Nokia Xpress Browser Free Download For Nokia 206
- Keyshia Cole A Different Me Album Torrent Download
- Lapara Veb Kamera Drajvera
- Isi Kandungan Injil Barnabas Pdf Converter
- A Short History Of The French Revolution Popkin Ebook Reader
- Testi Psihologicheskie Pri Postuplenii V Mvd Cpd 566 Voprosov
- Kak Sostavitj Kratkoe Uslovie Zadachi 3 Klass
- Teri Akhiyon Ka War Song Free Download
- Vb6 Serial Port Sniffer Source Code
- Adobe Encore Cs6 Trial Serial Number
- Roxio Easy Cd Dvd Creator 6 Free Download
- Spavner Dlya Stalker Zov Pripyati Dezertir 2
- Dupe Hack For Mu Online
- Micrografx Windows Draw 6 Free Download 2016 And Reviews 2016
- Radio Shack 1680x Manual